Friday 27 April 2018

Colour Coordinating

Over the winter period we finally got around to tackling the rust on the drivers rear arch. Its something I wanted to do for a long time, but struggled to find the right opportunity. With a bit of break over the Christmas period, Ray had a spare slot in the garage before it was taken up by another restoration job. I booked some time off and did what I could under the advisement of Ray to get the job done. I tried to document the process as best as I could on S2KI (Rear Arch Repair - Daytona Autos), for a reference to other owners. 

Here's some snaps from the work;






























Given the cost and price of paint, well at least a good paint job, wrap seemed like the right answer. With the time constraints and season upon us, I decided to wrap a basic livery to cover the primer until a full wrap next year. So far its looking good with quite a bit of work remaining. It was great to have the chaps down at Daytona give me a hand getting it done, especially Ray for the materials/help/garage time and Chris for his calm approach. Chris does this sort of thing for a living, so isn't prone to panicking.


More work to come with finishing details...... 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Finale Pedals

Its been quite a while since I updated the blog. A number of pedals have passed and a number of moments included. With the ANWCC Hill Climb...