Saturday 29 September 2018

Finale Pedals

Its been quite a while since I updated the blog. A number of pedals have passed and a number of moments included. With the ANWCC Hill Climb Championship being secured with the last outing at Loton, the finale took place at Scammonden.

Scammonden Dam (ANWCC Final Round)

With a wet start and travelling in some odd conditions, the track looked as though it was drying out during the morning. In the morning brief it was advised the number of runs will be decided after practice. That was 10. This is the normal for scam, with it being a short course and small allocation. This doesn't detract from the place at all, its a fun tight little sod and great fun to pedal. 

I pushed out the gate fairly early on setting on par times, but still some way off my previous PB. I spent most of the day playing with the suspension setup trying to get a comfortable feel. With the championship being essentially dealt with, I thought it'd be a good time to play around. Well what a mistake. While I was fannying around with the car I had a right moment, pirouetting in the middle of the track. Not sure how that's possible, but it happened. That was me almost done for the day, got back on the horse but that was constantly on my mind.

Ray's pace was getting faster and faster. I think it was around run 6/7 he beat my time and kept on going. He finished the day smacking my arse and being only a few hundredths of the record time (my record time the sneak). Absolutely stunning pedaling by Ray taking the class win. Well done and very very well deserved. 


Aintree (Final Round)

Back for the third and final attendance to Aintree of the year. Very similar out set to Scammonden. Lots of runs, great club and many laughs. Set of out the gate on pace time, still not far off the PB. I don't know what happened but I just didn't gel with the car. It was one of those days where I was battling myself and not getting the best from it. Ray however was on fine form. Run after run cutting times down like a proficient Canadian lumberjack. He tears his PB up, shaving seconds off. Continuing he sets the fastest time & PB (beating my previous PB by a few tenths, and just off the record) and secures neatly the class win. Incredible pedaling again. Its obvious that Ray is getting to grips with the car and prefers his current setup. The timed served and experience is really paying dividend. Again, top stuff lad. Love it.


Three Sisters 

Waking up blurry eyed from Aintree the day before, we arrived at Three sisters. This is our first trip here, and all we can think is this is a tight little cuss. Definitely suited to my style of driving, tight with a hint of drifto. Mr Rowe was in attendance in the S2K as well. He's the resident master here having won several championships and records over the years. Let battle commence, hahaha.

Setting off on practice, I can hardly contain myself. Its a beautiful conflict of I want to go fast but sideways. That's just what I did, shaking the cobwebs off from Aintree I took the Sisters sideways. So much fun, I came back to the pits chuckling to myself and shocked by a half decent time. Ray was struggling with the course a little, finding it difficult to get a flow together. We were both new so it was going to take some time to gel.

In the timed runs I calmed it down and gathered some pace. On for a neat lap then I chuck it off in fine style. Somehow again I manage to keep the car on the black stuff, but by Christ it was a big spin. That was me once again educated for the day. Wanting to drive how I did what I could to battle with top slot, but no chances. Mr Rowe definitely made sure we knew he was king, smashing the class record by a country mile and taking the win. Well done dude, again, experience and course knowledge showing its definitely the master.



Its been brilliant fun over these last few pedals. Lots of laughs, friends and fast times. Its been a strange one for me, as I've struggled with getting my head straight and working with the car. This has shown through, having spun at each one of these events. That's slightly out of my nature, but learning from these mistakes.  Looking forward to the next event and playing with the set up a little more.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Finale Pedals

Its been quite a while since I updated the blog. A number of pedals have passed and a number of moments included. With the ANWCC Hill Climb...